There is one session available:
Introduction to air transportation and aviation management
About this courseSkip About this course
Aviation is essential for global business as it supports worldwide travelling and cargo transportation. Before COVID-19, the economic benefits generated by the industry across countries showed a growing trend.
This course is aimed to provide learners with a broad understanding of airport services in different phases in terms of design and engineering. Learners will receive basic knowledge of how an airport operates. Key topics include the future perspective of air traffic control, air traffic flow management, airport management, facility planning, airport terminal design for the post-pandemic world and ground services.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
• Identify mandatory airworthiness requirements and roles of civil aviation organisation.
• Have the basic knowledge of how an airport is operating.
• Understand how to review performance and make judgements based on numerical results.
• Apply techniques to optimise the airport operations costs and efficiency.
• Understand the concept of sustainable air traffic management.
Module 1: Aviation "today" and in the old days
• Discuss the projection of the air transport demand, recovery strategy under the impact of COVID-19 and aviation history
Module 2: Air transport: how does it work?
• Discuss the key principles of air transportation operations, ways to ensure international air rights among different countries
Module 3: The world leading organisations in aviation
• Understand the functions and responsibilities of world-leading aviation organisations
Module 4: Civil aviation authorities
• Understand the functions and responsibilities of civil aviation authority (CAA)
Module 5: Airline management
• Understand the operation and business model inside an airline
Module 6: Flight Operations
• Get familiar with the A320 cockpit layout and pilot routine duties