IBM: AI Applications with Watson
Turbocharge your chatbot's IQ and AI capabilities with IBM Watson Discovery and powered by Watson Assistant. Learn to use and program tools and assitant services such as Tone Analyzer and Personality Insights to build queries, extract information big data repositories.
There is one session available:
AI Applications with Watson
About this courseSkip About this course
Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge — a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course. Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
By enrolling in this course, chances are you've studied artifical intelligence, built chatbots and have perhaps even used Watson Assistant along the way. But did you know that you can turbocharge your chatbot's IQ with IBM Watson Discovery, a service designed to reveal the hidden value in your data? Discovery specializes in taking your data--structured or unstructured--and extracting from it answers and patterns.
For example, if you have a large repository, the contents of which could answer customer questions, you've got the makings of a great FAQ chatbot.
In this course, you'll learn how to build queries in Discovery, which allows you to surface answers and patterns from large repositories of data. You'll next learn to use Discovery to extract insights from a set of hotel reviews. Then, to make that data come to life, you'll integrate Discovery with other Watson services to create a chatbot that can tell you about the best hotels in a certain US city. By using these Watson services, you'll add more layers of analysis to help you find the best hotel.
You'll build your chatbot application with the following Watson services:
- Tone Analyzer
- Personality Insights
By the end of this course, you will have built a fully functioning AI-powered chatbot. Moreover, you should be able to apply the services taught here to your own data sets, enabling you to create sophisticated chatbots of your own.
At a glance
- Institution: IBM
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
This course provides an introduction to developing and deploying cognitive applications. You should have basic knowledge of object-oriented programming, how to use the command line, Node.js, and IBM Watson Assistant (formerly known as Watson Conversation).
You also need:
If not familiar with IBM Watson Assistant, take the How to Build Chatbots and Make Money course first.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Applied AI
- Associated skills: Chatbot, Big Data, Applications Of Artificial Intelligence, Legal Discovery, Data Discovery, Artificial Intelligence
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Apply your foundational concepts of AI and machine learning into building and programming chatbots
- Create a chatbot application that interacts in natural language in IBM Cloud
- Synthesize data that can be queried to extract sentiment, concepts, entities, and taxonomy by using Watson Discovery
- Reveal the emotions, sentiment, and customer preferences found in hotel reviews by using Tone Analyzer and Personality Insights and feed that data to the chatbot
- Lab 1: Build a Watson chatbot
- Watson Assistant overview
- Deploy Watson Assistant
- Import the workspace
- Create intents, entities, and dialog
- Apply the Jump to action
- Add multiple response conditions for a specific intent
- Add responses for other intents
- Test the chatbot
Lab 2: Build queries by using Watson Discovery
- Watson Discovery overview
- Access the news collection in the Discovery tool
- Understand the data structure
- Query the data by using filters
- Query the data by using the query parameter
- Query the data by using aggregation
- Retrieve longer passages from the data
- Train Discovery to improve relevancy
Lab 3: Enhance a chatbot with Discovery
Get the starter code and credentials
Integrate Discovery with the chatbot
Test the application
Lab 4: Gain insights by using Discovery
Get the data into Discovery
Find basic insights in the data
Lab 5: Analyze the tone from hotel reviews
Watson Tone Analyzer overview
Deploy the Tone Analyzer service
Analyze the tone in hotel review
Test the tone analysis
Lab 6: Analyze customer preferences
Watson Personality Insights overview
Deploy the Personality Insights service
Get the personality profile
Test the application