There is one session available:
Business and Data Analysis Skills
About this courseSkip About this course
In the modern workplace, it’s crucial to know how to analyze, synthesize, and tell stories with data. This self-paced career development course will help you learn how to use a spreadsheet application (like Microsoft Excel) as a powerful analytical and communication tool. You will perform real-world market and financial analyses and practice presenting your findings visually for maximum impact. By the end of the course, you will be able to make data-driven decisions that help your organization grow and prosper.
This is the fourth course in Fullbridge’s four-part Career Development XSeries, designed to prepare you to succeed in the modern workplace.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Skills for Success
- Associated skills:Data-Driven Decision-Making, Microsoft Excel, Financial Analysis, Management, Data Analysis, Career Development
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to use spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel to execute basic analyses
- How to determine the most appropriate Excel functions for different tasks
- How to calculate and analyze market size and market share
- How to visualize and communicate data with charts and graphs
- How to critically read visualized data
- How to communicate different types of revenue, cost, and key profitability metrics
This is a self-paced course and can be completed according to your own schedule. Our recommendation is to complete the course over four weeks, with one to two hours of time spent working through the course per week. After the Course Introduction, each section should take approximately one to two hours to complete.
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Spreadsheet Basics with Excel
Learn strategies and techniques that will enable you to effectively use spreadsheet applications like Excel to perform basic analyses.
Section 2: Market Analysis
Familiarize yourself with market analysis and learn how to visualize data in a persuasive, honest way.
Section 3: Financial Analysis
Master how to plan and execute effective financial analyses, including how to evaluate investments.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.