Discovering Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
About this courseSkip About this course
Driven by global crises in financial, economic, and governance systems, companies all over the world devote massive resources to their corporate social responsibility (CSR). But what is CSR? What does it mean, and what does it involve? Do stakeholders really care, and if they do, how to implement a credible CSR strategy? In uncertain modern climates, CSR is a crucial driving force of a (r)evolution in business.
If you are interested in the relationship between business and society, this MOOC is for you! It is especially relevant for industry, public policy, and academic professionals working on CSR, as well as students following a traditional business curriculum who are interested in key value questions.
This MOOC therefore addresses CSR in two ways:
- As a reflection of corporate self-awareness;
- As a source of innovation and a means to deal with heightened competitiveness, demands for sustainable development, and shifts in international governance.
By presenting insights from CSR experts from both academia and practice, this MOOC provides a way for managers, consumers, and citizens to acquire in-depth insights and critical perspectives on companies’ CSR activities. The multi-industry case study structure of this MOOC enables participants to confront the challenges facing today’s managers as they seek to develop their CSR strategy. Dedicated discussion forums are available for participants to interact together.
To help participants manage CSR with various internal and external stakeholders, this MOOC seeks to support current and future business leaders in their efforts to make responsible leadership, sustainable production, and consumption central to their corporate vision.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Associated skills: Sustainable Development, Accounts Receivable, Leadership, Self-Awareness, Economics, Public Policies, Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand the multidimensional nature and content of corporate social responsibility.
- Adopt a critical perspective on managerial practices related to societal issues.
- Stimulate and manage impactful changes in organizations, toward more responsible postures.
- Reconcile multiple stakeholders’ interests (and understand the importance of doing so), into a clear, persuasive, smart action plan.
Defining the concept and key issues of CSR
- Purpose of a company and stakeholders
- CSR and the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Available tools and guides
- Success factors and obstacles
- Dialogue with stakeholders
- Motivations and potential benefits for companies
Developing CSR in SMEs
- Specificities of small and medium enterprises (SME) with respect to CSR strategy
Becoming a responsible leader
- Skills and competences of a responsible leader
- Roles of a CSR manager
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
What I discovered in this course opened my eyes. The different lessons allowed me to connect many areas in sustainability that were separated until now.
There are many online courses about carbon emissions, materiality assessments… Nevertheless, very few programs address how to develop an effective CSR program from scratch.
Definitely a must-do for any professional wanting to work in the sustainability field.
Learner on classcentral
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Some videos are in French, why?
Some experts preferred to speak in their mother tongue, French. We however provide subtitles for any French speaking video.