Data Visualization for All
About this courseSkip About this course
Tell your story and show it with data. In this data visualization course, you will learn how to design interactive charts and customized maps for your website.
We’ll begin with easy-to-learn tools, then gradually work our way up to editing open-source code templates with GitHub. Together, we’ll follow step-by-step tutorials with video screencasts, and share our work for feedback on the web. Real-world examples are drawn from Trinity College students working with community organizations in the City of Hartford, Connecticut.
This course is ideal for non-profit organizations, small business owners, local governments, journalists, academics, or anyone who wants to tell their story and show the data.
This introductory course in data visualization begins with the basics. No prior experience is required.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Highcharts, Google Sheets, Tutorials, Leaflet (Software), Github, Templates, Data Visualization, Open Source Technology, Editing, Tableau (Business Intelligence Software)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Choose the right tools to tell your story
- Design and embed charts on your website
- Share, edit, and host code templates
- How to build (and tell lies with) maps
- Convert and reshape your spatial data