There is one session available:
IT Support Case Studies
About this courseSkip About this course
In this Capstone, you will demonstrate your ability to perform in an Information Technology (IT) Support role by applying your new knowledge to real-world situations. You will practice analyzing user help requests and troubleshooting various issues that a Tech Support role would encounter.
You’ll demonstrate your knowledge of hardware, software, networking, security, and cloud computing – all areas with which a tech support role interacts regularly. You'll also showcase your knowledge and understanding of escalation, levels of support, ticketing systems, and other support tools and systems, as well as communication and customer service skills for delivering technical support.
This course also includes a final exam that contains questions on the topics and style found in the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (IFT+) Certification Exam. It serves as this program’s final exam, helps you practice for the Certification, and measures your preparedness. By the end of the Capstone course, you’ll be equipped with the technical support skills that are found in everyday professional settings.
Before taking this course, it is highly recommended that you first complete all the previous courses in the IBM IT Support Professional Certificate.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Information Technology (IT) Support PC
- Associated skills: Communications, Information Technology, Customer Service, Cloud Computing, Technical Support, CompTIA IT Fundamentals, Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Articulate processes and information related to IT fundamentals in the context of providing technical support.
- Demonstrate systematic and effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Apply customer service skills and a customer support mindset, including conflict mitigation and de-escalation skills.
- Practice for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals Certification by completing the final exam.
Module 1: Hardware and Operating Systems
- Case Study: Computer Peripherals and Connectivity
- Case Study: Computer Display Device Installation
- Case Study: Computer Performance and OS Fundamentals
- Identifying System Information for Windows and MacOS Devices
Module 2: Software, Programming and Databases
- Case Study: Browser Versions, Installs, and Updates
- Case Study: Updating Desktop Software
- Case Study: Browser Security Settings and Client-side Scripting
- Case Study: Database Roles and Permissions
- Graded Case Study: System Sofware, Versions, and Application Software Capability
Module 3: Networking and Storage
- Case Study: Corporate User Needs Access to a Network Drive
- Case Study: Network Protocols, Firewalls, andProxy Servers
- Case Study: Hosted Storage and Sharing
- Graded Case Study: Configure, Test, and Troubleshoot a SOHO
Module 4: Cybersecurity
- Case Study: Intellectual Property and DRM
- Case Study: Security and information Privacy
- Case Study: Countering Security Threats and Hardening Devices
- Case Study: Password Management Techniques
- Graded Case Study: Public Browsing Safety
Module 5: Cloud Computing
- Case Study: Virtual and Bare-Metal Servers
- Case Study: Cloud Networking Using VPCs
- Case Study: Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Case Study: Cloud Storage and Databases
- Graded Case Study: Cloud Service and Deployment Models
Module 6: Final Exam and Practice for CompTIA ITF+ Certification