There is one session available:
Managing a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace for Public Libraries
About this courseSkip About this course
Learn management skills to support workplace diversity and inclusion in a public library setting.
You will learn about theories and frameworks that explain the underlying mechanisms of the impacts of diversity and learn how to understand and address the needs of women and underrepresented minorities (e.g. race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, marital status, age, sexual orientation, and citizenship).
You will learn how employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotion, salary, training and development impact an organization’s ability to attract, retain, and manage a diverse workforce.
Lastly, you will recognize what organizational changes can be made to help organizations maximize the potential of all workers.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Public Library Management
- Associated skills: Training And Development, Workplace Diversity, Organizational Change, Management
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Definition and types of diversity.
- Multifaceted Aspects of diversity.
- Management solutions for an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Organizational changes to support diversity.