There is one session available:
Marketing Innovative Products and Services
About this courseSkip About this course
Marketing innovative products and services occurs in an ever-changing environment, and requires rapid decision making with incomplete information. These innovations are introduced at increasingly frequent intervals, and there are high mortality rates for products and services, and the businesses themselves.
Our course provides a practical, how-to guide for navigating these marketing challenges to bring innovative new products and services to market. With learning modules on product strategy, go-to-market strategies, and growth strategies, you will build your skills in understanding and applying the latest marketing strategies and tactics. We’ll explore how to develop an informed marketing plan that aligns with customer needs based on real market research.
Learn the latest strategies for customer discovery, interviews and focus groups, product design, product development, content marketing, social media marketing, and marketing campaign management. The course will provide a balance between conceptual discussions based on readings of concepts and practices, and applied, hands-on analysis with real projects.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Bahasa Indonesia, Português, Kiswahili, తెలుగు, Türkçe, 中文
- Associated skills: Product Design, Marketing Concepts, Decision Making, Go-to-Market Strategy, Commercialization, Marketing Planning, Innovation, Social Media Marketing, New Product Development, Focus Group, Growth Strategies, Content Marketing, Product Strategy, Campaign Management, Marketing Strategies, Marketing
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Learn the fundamentals of product strategy with attention to product vision, user journey mapping, business modeling, SMART objectives, customer profiling, customers jobs, customer pains, customer gains, competition, and differentiators.
- Understand go to market strategies with an exploration of buyer journey, pricing, channel strategy, positioning, branding, and product-market fit.
- Develop insights on growth strategies as we explore inbound vs outbound marketing, types of media, pull marketing, push marketing, social media marketing, social media channels and content, budgeting, timing, content calendars, customer activation, landing pages, customer retention, email campaigns, and minimum viable products (MVPs).
Module 1: Product Strategy
We’ll begin with introducing why it’s important to build a business case for your innovation. Key topics will include business model, value propositions, customer profiles, value maps, product-market fit, and industry analysis.
Module 2: Go To Market Strategies
Once the product strategy is established, we’ll consider go-to-market strategies. This begins with setting your marketing objectives. We’ll discuss pricing strategies, channel strategies, positioning, and messaging strategies. We’ll also introduce the minimum viable product (MVP) experience.
Module 3: Growth Strategies
In our growth strategies segment, we’ll examine marketing optimization strategies. Creating and managing your social media marketing activities and search engine optimization (SEO) are key to this step. Branding and sales will also be explored.
Module 4: Next Steps
In the final segment, we’ll discuss why new ventures fail, and how effective marketing impacts the success of a venture. We’ll discuss what is means to make the decision to Pivot, Persevere, or Pass? We’ll also discuss types of pivots, and how these influence the ongoing success of companies.
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"The instruction and startup coaching that I received when a student at the University of Maryland were invaluable to the launch and growth of Squarespace. The skills taught in this course are a fantastic introduction to many of the fundamentals one needs when starting a business." Anthony Casalena, Founder and CEO of Squarespace