There is one session available:
Introduction to Clinical Psychology
About this courseSkip About this course
Have you ever wondered what causes mental illness, or why we react to stress the way we do? Or what to expect as you get older?
Clinical psychology is the study of psychological disorders and the treatments designed to improve the day-to-day lives of people suffering from them. The focus of the course will be on common psychological disorders, such as schizophrenia, and the symptoms of each. We will also discuss the underlying role of stress and how it affects people mentally and physically. We will also consider more general issues and theories around personality and intelligence.
You should take this course if you want to better understand psychological disorders and how we can treat them.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Associated skills: Mental Diseases, Clinical Psychology, Schizophrenia, Psychology
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Common psychological disorders including anxiety, mood disorders and Schizophrenia
- Treatments for psychological disorders
- How stress affects us and how we cope
- Theories about personality and intelligence
- What normal ageing is
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"The training providers are well trained and have excellent knowledge of subject matter" -- Previous Learner