What you will learn
- Generate IoT concepts and design IoT solutions within your area of expertise.
- Map out the process for an IoT solution, and identify the sensors and other devices required.
- Evaluate different infrastructure components and network systems, and design the basic network for your IoT ideas.
- Apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data to your concept designs, and appreciate how data is managed in the network.
- Identify and analyse IoT security and privacy risks, and concept design secure hardware and software.
- Produce a viable IoT concept design that solves a problem, is ready to prototype and test, and has an identified route to market.
Courses in this program
CurtinX's Internet of Things (IoT) MicroMasters® Program
- Certificate & Credit Pathways
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Curtin University (CurtinX)
Experts from CurtinX committed to teaching online learning
Every industry will be impacted by the Internet of Things. Cisco predicts there will be 500 billion IoT connections over the next 10 years. It is essential for businesses to have an understanding of what the IoT will enable – greater connectivity, huge collection of data, new insights and the security implications. Curtin University’s MicroMasters in the Internet of Things is an exciting new program that will help anyone understand how to manage IoT projects, become industry ready, and shape a career for longevity in the face of the changes created by the IoT.
Tech Mahindra is guaranteeing interviews at its India locations for edX learners who successfully complete this MicroMasters program and meet other hiring criteria. Today’s disruptive business landscape demands for our talents to be future ready and it is our prime responsibility that the right tools and innovative pathways are facilitated for them... We are excited to work together with edX because careers will be facilitated with a blended learning environment, as well as this gives us the opportunity to bring in new ideas to the table and enhance our customer’s experiences.