- 10 courses
- Fully online
- 21 mo.-3 years
Our Master’s Degree in IT Management is designed for working professionals with an interest in information technology (IT) and information systems who are looking to accelerate their careers. We created this online IT Management degree program to meet the growing demand for IT leaders, information systems managers, and IT project managers, developing a curriculum that will prepare students from both business and IT backgrounds to meet current market needs for CIOs and other tech visionaries.
Complete this 30 credit-hour degree in 21 months to three years, and graduate with a Master's in IT Management prepared to:
- Be knowledgeable about business processes and the integration between business functions and technology
- Analyze, design, and develop IT systems
- Lead IT management and strategy—both of people and systems
- Use data and visualizations to support managerial decisions
The IT Management program is created by the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, the #1-ranked provider of online business graduate programs in the U.S. This online degree program is ideal for both experienced IT professionals and those just beginning their careers in information systems management.
- #1Online Business Graduate ProgramUS News & World Report Best Graduate Business Schools, 2019
- #10Best Information Systems ProgramsUS News & World Report Best Graduate Business Schools, 2018
- #7Best ProfessorsThe Princeton Review, Best Business Schools, 2018
*Financial Aid including loans may be available. All federal financial aid benefits and restrictions apply to enrolled online ITM students and do not apply to courses in the adjoining MicroMasters courses. Federal aid enrollment requirements apply.
Our MS in Information Technology Management comprises 10 courses at a total cost of $21,000. The first three courses, which make up the MicroMasters® credential, are $499 per course, payable to edX online as you enroll as a verified learner on the edX platform. Once you are accepted to the MS in Information Technology Management program, the remaining seven courses cost approximately $2,785 per course, payable to Indiana University. Each term is 12 weeks long with four terms a year, so you can complete the degree in as little as 21 months or as long as three years.
Important dates & deadlines
The prerequisite for the Information Technology Management degree program is at least one college-level course or equivalent knowledge in:
Computer programming in a high-level language like C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
A full IT Management Master’s degree application includes the following:
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited institution
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation from professional or academic contact
- Official GMAT or GRE Score (waived if undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 and 2 or more years of professional experience in business or IT after the undergraduate degree)
- TOEFL: Required for international students only
The Master’s degree in Information Technology Management requires 30 hours of coursework. Each of the 10 courses counts as 3 credit hours. Courses in the degree program are:
If you aren't sure online learning is for you or if you'd like to get a feel for the Master's program before you apply, start with the Information Systems MicroMasters program from Indiana University
- Courses in the MicroMasters program may count towards credit
- Get deep learning designed to advance your career while you decide
- Strengthen your Master's application
- Recognized by employers for real life relevance
MicroMasters programs are offered by edX in connection with its university partners. In addition to offering a pathway to credit, these programs are recognized by employers for their real world relevance.Start MicroMasters Program
- Yes – but waived if undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 GPA or higher and 2 years of professional experience in an IT or business field.
- Yes, students in the IT Management degree program have access to the electronic resources and the career development courses of the Indiana University Kelley School’s Graduate Career Services. Additionally, IT Management students are encouraged to participate in networking events and the Bloomington commencement ceremony.
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- We do not offer any scholarships for this MSIT program, but online Master’s students can apply for federal loans.