What you will learn
- To scan an organization’s environment and identify relevant threats to its business
- To develop a set of strategies to quickly address upcoming change
- To discover risks and sources of internal resistance towards innovation and develop successful counter strategies
- To familiarize yourself with the differences between entrepreneurial and corporate thinking
- To strategically position your organization in times of uncertainty
- The knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career at the interface of technology and management in disrupting times.
- Important management skills that will enable you to lead employees and help your company succeed in the marketplace by effectively dealing with disruptive change.
Success or failure? The future of your organization today depends on how well it can adapt to and leverage disruptive technologies and business models.
Take the next step in your career and add business knowledge to your technical skills to reach a leading position in your company using an entrepreneurial mindset.
This MicroMasters program enables you to do just that – to deal with disruptive change in the marketplace and take advantage of the shifting landscape to benefit your organization.
By combining elements from innovation, entrepreneurship, and strategy research, this program will show you how to use a standard toolkit to judge and assess real life cases and learn using a practice-oriented approach.
You will be guided through the innovation process from ideation to implementation, will explore the typical creation process of a new venture and will learn more about the differences between entrepreneurial and managerial thought patterns. As a final part of the program, you’ll learn strategic management concepts – so your organization can be ahead of the curve and not be victim to disruption.
To succeed in the program, you need to have basic mathematical knowledge and a general interest in business to succeed in the program.
The program is designed by RWTH Aachen University, one of the leading universities in Germany working at the intersection of technology and management. You’ll learn from leading entrepreneurship and innovation experts such as Malte Brettel, who was named the #1 Professor of Entrepreneurship in Germany.
Courses in this program
RWTHx's Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change MicroMasters® Program
- Started Sep 30, 20206–8 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Learn to take on competition by creating successful and innovative ideas for your business through a thorough understanding of your customers’ needs.
- Started Oct 14, 20206–8 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Discover the entrepreneur inside of you – learn what it takes to turn an idea into a real business and how to put this approach to use within your own company.
- Starts Jan 13, 20216–8 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Help your organization prosper in times of transition with engaging in rigorous strategic analysis to complement your intuition with the deep insights needed.
- Starts Nov 4, 20206–8 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Help your organization survive, drive, and thrive on fundamental technological changes in your industry with this strategic management course.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must successfully earn a verified certificate in all six program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
RWTHx's MicroMasters program certificate enables you to combine your online learning experience with on-campus work at the RWTH campus in Aachen, Germany. Upon completion of the RWTHx MicroMasters program certificate, participants are eligible to apply for the M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship (MME-TIME), a blended learning format that is partly residential, partly online. For further information, please refer to http://www.mme-time.rwth-aachen.de.
Participants will be credited 15 ECTS for having completed the program certificate, which will count towards the 90 ECTS required for graduating with the MME-TIME degree. Completion of the MicroMasters program certificate prior to applying for the MME-TIME will also result in a a proportional reduction of the tuition fees and can be considered as an advantage in the application process, provided all formal requirements are met.
- Career opportunities include managerial positions in business development, post-merger/acquisition integration, innovation management, and general manager positions of newly launched “intrapreneurial” ventures
Meet your instructors
Experts from RWTHx committed to teaching online learning
Given that the only constant in today's business environment is change, every company out there needs to make sure that it does not miss out on any major developments. At Ford, we believe that this is something that should not only be done at the top levels. We therefore try to empower our employees in a way that enables them to contribute to the strategic positioning of the company as a whole. By combining theory & practice, the RWTHx MicroMasters program provides employees with valuable tools to not only understand changes in the environment but to also prepare for and respond to them.
Tech Mahindra is guaranteeing interviews at its India locations for edX learners who successfully complete this MicroMasters program and meet other hiring criteria. Today’s disruptive business landscape demands for our talents to be future ready and it is our prime responsibility that the right tools and innovative pathways are facilitated for them... We are excited to work together with edX because careers will be facilitated with a blended learning environment, as well as this gives us the opportunity to bring in new ideas to the table and enhance our customer’s experiences.
Boston Globe Media
Digital transformation has fundamentally changed how media organizations operate. The Boston Globe recognizes the need to be forward-thinking and prepared to identify and capitalize on new opportunities and navigate the challenges of our industry. At the core of what we do is the powerful journalism across each of our brands – The Boston Globe, STAT and Boston.com. In order to support the incredible work coming out of our newsrooms, there is an increasing reliance on leveraging technology, business strategy, product innovation and leadership in our organization. The MicroMasters® program delivers the knowledge and skillsets that are must-haves for the Globe as we continue to transform the business, develop our talent and recruit new candidates.
- Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.