What you will learn
- How marketing creates value and can influence perceptions, purchasing and loyalty
- How successful brands are developed and sustained using segmentation, targeting and positioning for effective and profitable marketing
- Conduct a competitor audit and analysis
- Understand why digital marketing matters today and changes in the digital landscape
- Develop your own digital marketing strategy
Digital marketing spend will reach $146 billion by 2023 (Forrester US Digital Marketing Forecast 2018-2023). As the digital landscape grows and evolves, learn how to place your business at the forefront by designing a digital marketing strategy to achieve your business objectives.
This Professional Certificate will first introduce you to the role of marketing in a competitive marketplace and give you a good understanding of how to apply its principles to online marketing. Topics covered will include content marketing, e-commerce, user experience and web design, social media, search engine optimisation (SEO)/pay-per-click (PPC) and many more.
You will develop an understanding of the impact of digitalisation on businesses and learn how to take advantage of new technologies to succeed in the modern business world. You will learn how to apply your new knowledge to future marketing activities by developing your own unique digital marketing strategy and marketing plan capable of achieving a set of business objectives.
This program focuses on skills development. Learning from successful Edinburgh-based businesses, such as The List and Innis & Gunn, you will acquire new marketing and digital marketing skills, and you will gain confidence that you can apply them in any business setting.
Learners on the verified track will be assessed weekly through multiple choice quizzes. To successfully complete the course and demonstrate you have achieved a sound understanding of digital marketing principles, you will need to achieve a minimum of 50% correct answers in the multiple choice questions.
This program is aimed at business owners, start-ups or those pursuing a career in digital marketing. It is also suitable for those who wish to learn about marketing and its application in a digital environment. At the end of the certificate, you will have a digital marketing strategy which you can apply to your business or use as part of your career portfolio. You might be a business owner or entrepreneur looking to upskill or reskill in marketing techniques, or new to the business world with a need to acquire the relevant digital marketing skills. This program is for you, if you want to learn how to set enterprise apart!
Courses in this program
EdinburghX's Digital Marketing Fundamentals Professional Certificate
- 2–3 hours per week, for 6 weeks
An introduction to the role of marketing in a competitive marketplace.
- 4–6 hours per week, for 8 weeks
Learn how to create a digital marketing strategy for implementation in your business.
- Digital marketing continues to be the most sought-after skillset for marketing roles, with 61 percent of hiring managers reporting that they would hire for these skills in 2019 (2019 Marketing Hiring Trends Report)
- Ensure the success of your own business
- Pursue a career in marketing or digital marketing in any business
Meet your instructors from The University of Edinburgh (EdinburghX)
Experts from EdinburghX committed to teaching online learning