What you will learn
- Fundamental concepts of programming using C++ including Data Types, Operators and Control Structures
- Build logic using Arrays, Pointers and Functions
- Understand and Implement Object Oriented Approaches and Principles (Inheritance, Polymorphism and Operator Overloading)
- Learn and practice various Exception Handling blocks, and Templates
- Work on Data structure & Algorithms, perform Analysis of Algorithms and implement Linear and Non- Linear data structures & Algorithmic Design techniques
This Professional Certificate program takes you right from the fundamentals and gradually into the powerful, fast and popular object-oriented programming language of C++. Through a mix of hands-on and highly interactive activities including detailed presentations, comprehensive code demo videos, quizzes and multiple coding assignments, you will be introduced to the highly in-demand world of Data Structures & Algorithms in the C++ universe. This program accommodates both learners with some familiarity in programming but also those who are new to programming. A C++ learning experience for everyone.
Featuring a number of auto-evaluated C++ coding activities that include constructors, conditional operations, iterators and recursion, this program will enable you to build strong problem-solving and logic building skills. You will also learn advanced C++ programming activities like dynamic memory management.
The coding exercises will refine your understanding of various OOP implementations like encapsulation and specialization in C++ and will ensure you are sensitive to best practices such as memory allocation and memory management while designing code efficient programs.
Driven learners will find that they can skill up rapidly from simple to complex coding using the right design patterns in C++ and will be able to implement linear and non-linear data structures and object oriented programming concepts in C++.
These skills will help you become a much sought-after C++ developer and you will find yourself positioned to take advantage of the numerous opportunities available in the world of technology.
Courses in this program
IBM's C++ Programming Essentials Professional Certificate
- 3–4 hours per week, for 8 weeks
Build efficient programs by learning how to implement data structures using algorithmic techniques and solve various computational problems using the C++ programming language.
- Information technology jobs are peaking in demand as more domain-based companies are looking at automating their processes. There are 245K unique job postings (+16% change over the past 2 years) for Career Starter learners with C++ programming experience.
- The top job titles for C++ include Software Engineers, Software Developers, Embedded Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Systems Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Emsi Burning Glass reports an advertised annual median salary of $100.7K for candidates with 0-3 years of professional experience w/ C++
- Employment opportunities for Software Developers, Software Quality Assurance Analysts and Testers are projected to grow 21 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- The median annual wage for computer and information technology occupations was $91,250 in May 2020, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $41,950. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
Meet your instructors from IBM
Experts from IBM committed to teaching online learning