What you will learn
- Establish your budget with financial integrity through expense and income reconciliation, tax strategies, and a mindset for financial success for a lifetime.
- Explore your financial options with a robust understanding of the pros and cons to create a stress-free financial life.
- Understand the significance and risks of accessing open and secured consumer credit.
- Determine your insurance needs, find solutions, and understand the impact of stage of life on risk management decisions.
- Plan for retirement, understanding your income needs based upon your current lifestyle; discover the most common sources of retirement income.
- Develop your mindset for investing, crucial to achieving your financial goals, and learn how it impacts your communication with financial service professionals.
Create Your Financial Plan: The Personal Finance Professional Certificate is designed for individuals to build financial literacy, one of the most pressing needs Americans face today. Financial decisions made by individuals impact the larger community in significant ways. A recent study by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) reveals over 50% of Americans have less than $10,000 saved for retirement. In addition, over 50% of Americans have no emergency fund, unable to cope with an unexpected car repair without borrowing funds. Financial literacy is an urgent need for many and there is a pervasive cost to financial mistakes.
With the Personal Finance Professional Certificate, you’ll gain the basic building blocks to build a secure foundation for your future. Designed for the beginner to intermediate learner, the program consists of three courses:
- Introduction to Personal Financial Planning
- Managing Personal Cash & Credit
- Planning for Risk, Retirement & Investment
Through these courses, you’ll develop your ability to:
- Plan for personal success and financial security
- Take the long view when preparing your financial future
- Understand budgets, taxes, and the time value of money
Explore obstacles to financial success including cognitive errors and confirmation
- Manage your day-to-day expenses, disbursements, and income
- Discover the pros and cons of open and secured forms of consumer credit
- Compare short-term investments and savings products
- Manage risk in the most cost-effective and productive manner
- Evaluate various risk-management and insurance products and services
- Understand your retirement needs from a strategic perspective
- Create personal freedom and build wealth through a broad perspective of investing
- Develop a mindset of success, personal freedom, and empowerment
Courses in this program
IUx's Personal Finance Professional Certificate
- Financial security creates balance in life that makes it possible to enjoy both work and home.
- Personal financial planning contributes to fulfillment and an improved quality of life.
- Financial planning decreases stress to allow you to focus on your career goals.
- Your wise use of credit is an asset to employers who may require a credit check as a term of employment.
- When you understand personal finance, you can apply your skills to become a more valuable employee.
- If you’re looking to start your own business, financial knowledge equips you with a competitive edge.
Meet your instructor
Experts from IUx committed to teaching online learning