What you will learn
- Money Markets, Foreign Exchange and Time Value of Money
- Bond and Equity Markets and Financial Regulation
- Equity Indexes, Valuations, and Investment Vehicles
- Derivatives, Futures, Swaps, and Options
- Credit Derivatives and Equity and Bond IPO
- Bonus Video! In response to COVID-19, New York Institute of Finance is curating expert interviews from faculty on the latest trends and hot topics in finance. Watch this free session of NYIF Talks: The Impact of COVID-19 on Financial Markets here!
Develop an understanding of the capital markets and their role in the financial services industry, as well as instruments that are used in each.
This professional certificate is comprised of the following courses:
- C01: Money Markets, Foreign Exchange and Time Value of Money
- C02: Bond and Equity Markets and Financial Regulation
- C03: Equity Indexes, Valuations, and Investment Vehicles
- C04: Derivatives, Futures, Swaps, and Options
- C05: Credit Derivatives and Equity and Bond IPO
NOTE: Completing all 5 parts and then taking the Professional Certificate Examination is MANDATORY to achieve both the NYIF Certificate of Mastery and the edX Professional Certificate in Capital Markets. A verified learner must pass all courses in the program with a minimum grade of 70% to earn a Professional Certificate for Credit and Credit Risk Analysis.
Courses in this program
NYIF's Capital Markets Professional Certificate
- The median annual wage for financial analysts was $85,660 in May 2018. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Employment of financial analysts is project to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Career prospects for similar training include financial analyst, operations analyst, financial representative, financial advisor, wealth management professional. Finance assistant, financial support analyst, operations specialist.
Meet your instructors
I attended the NYIF Capital Markets Professional Certificate Program for my training and development as a new Capital Markets Examiner within my organization. The course was a positive experience through engaging and knowledgeable instructors, relevant materials with modern case studies, and the opportunity to learn with other like-minded professionals. The program enhanced my understanding of more complex capital markets topics that arise during our examinations, such as duration gaps, use money market instruments, interest rate swaps and derivatives, and fixed income pricing among others. By acquiring and applying these skills, I will be able to advance within my organization’s Capital Markets program and provide value to the financial institutions we oversee.