What you will learn
- Learn to price forward and futures contracts.
- Be familiar with futures contract specifications and market conventions.
- Understand the valuation of a variety of swap contracts.
- Learn how to extract credit risk measures from CDS spreads and asset swap spreads.
- Understand common trading strategies using futures, forwards, swaps and options.
- Develop a conceptual understanding of the Black-Scholes-Merton option valuation model.
- Use option sensitivities (the Greeks) to determine the impact of changing model parameters on option prices.
- Understand basic hedge accounting using futures, forwards, swaps and options.
Develop a comprehensive, practical understanding of derivative instruments including market conventions, contract specifications, valuation, trading strategies and the regulation of derivatives markets.
Free Preview! Access the first module from Course 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
Courses in this program
NYIF's Derivatives Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 3 weeks
Develop a comprehensive, practical understanding of forwards and futures including market conventions, contract specifications, valuation, and trading strategies
- Employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is projected to grow 4 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
- The base salary for Derivatives Analyst ranges from $47,479 to $82,604 with the average base salary of $62,592. The total cash compensation, which includes base, and annual incentives, can vary anywhere from $50,237 to $92,922.
- Career prospects for people with similar training Derivatives Analyst, Bond Sales Manager, Equities Trade Support, Analyst.
Meet your instructor
Experts from NYIF committed to teaching online learning
I joined Derivatives Professional Certificate course with NYIF last year and I can say it is one of the best courses about financial derivatives that I have taken during my career. It covers wide range of topics and it helped me to sharpen my professional skills. From Forwards and futures to swaps and options. I learned how to price an option with Black-Scholes and Binomial models. I would recommend the certificate for anyone who is dealing with derivatives or want to gain solid understanding about them. Finally, I had a great opportunity to connect with people in the field and discuss what we learned.