What you will learn
- Learn to price forward and futures contracts.
- Be familiar with futures contract specifications and market conventions.
- Understand the valuation of a variety of swap contracts.
- Learn how to extract credit risk measures from CDS spreads and asset swap spreads.
- Understand common trading strategies using futures, forwards, swaps and options.
- Develop a conceptual understanding of the Black-Scholes-Merton option valuation model.
- Use option sensitivities (the Greeks) to determine the impact of changing model parameters on option prices.
- Understand basic hedge accounting using futures, forwards, swaps and options.
Develop a comprehensive, practical understanding of derivative instruments including market conventions, contract specifications, valuation, trading strategies and the regulation of derivatives markets.
Free Preview! Access the first module from Course 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
Courses in this program
NYIF's Derivatives Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 3 weeks
Develop a comprehensive, practical understanding of forwards and futures including market conventions, contract specifications, valuation, and trading strategies
- Employment of securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents is projected to grow 4 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
- The base salary for Derivatives Analyst ranges from $47,479 to $82,604 with the average base salary of $62,592. The total cash compensation, which includes base, and annual incentives, can vary anywhere from $50,237 to $92,922.
- Career prospects for people with similar training Derivatives Analyst, Bond Sales Manager, Equities Trade Support, Analyst.
Meet your instructor from New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
Experts from NYIF committed to teaching online learning
I joined Derivatives Professional Certificate course with NYIF last year and I can say it is one of the best courses about financial derivatives that I have taken during my career. It covers wide range of topics and it helped me to sharpen my professional skills. From Forwards and futures to swaps and options. I learned how to price an option with Black-Scholes and Binomial models. I would recommend the certificate for anyone who is dealing with derivatives or want to gain solid understanding about them. Finally, I had a great opportunity to connect with people in the field and discuss what we learned.