What you will learn
- Effective communication, both oral and written; analyzing your audience, preparing to communicate, tailoring messages, storytelling, and advanced communication skills.
- Core value propositions and a business model framework, competition and macro environmental tools, theories of disruption, basic accounting literacy and concludes with an integrated look at business functions.
- Market Research and its importance to strategy, brand strategy, pricing, integrated marketing communication, social media strategy, and more.
Do you speak “business"? You will. This program is designed to give you the terminology, concepts, and frameworks necessary to understand businesses, to unpack their constituent parts, and to build your own toolkit for strategy and decision-making. You will get a general overview of the basic techniques of strong communication, both oral and written. It will also cover marketing, which is a crucial function in all businesses and organizations, and is becoming increasingly crucial to success in our modern global economy.
Courses in this program
UBCx's Business Fundamentals Professional Certificate
- Fundamental business training can help you secure your first significant business role, or take a next step in your management career.
- Employees in technical roles looking to bridge the gap to a management career will find their job prospects significantly enhanced by the Professional Certificate program.
- Job roles that would benefit include: sales/marketing coordinator, office manager, executive assistant, customer representative, management trainee, and technician.
Meet your instructors
Experts from UBCx committed to teaching online learning
At Hootsuite, we value and encourage continuous professional development. Having hired and been impressed with numerous graduates from the UBC Master of Management program, we’re excited to see this new Professional Certificate program offering aimed at helping individuals pace their own understanding of business communication, financial accounting, marketing, and organizational behavior—all core business competencies essential for professionals who want to succeed in today’s marketplace.