There is one session available:
Cloud Computing for Enterprises
About this courseSkip About this course
Organizations are increasingly moving their critical information and assets to the cloud. Understand the technology, best practices, and economics of cloud computing, and the rewards and risks of this rush to the cloud.
In this course, part of the Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, you will learn the essentials of cloud computing, including Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), Platform As A Service (PaaS), Software As A Service (SaaS), and other "X as a service" platforms.
You will explore how the cloud can support businesses by increasing productivity and effectiveness.
This course is part of the Cloud Computing MicroMaster’s program from UMGC. Upon completion of the program and receipt of the verified MicroMaster’s certificate, learners may then transition into the full UMGC Master’s Program in Cloud Computing Architecture. See the MicroMasters program page for more information.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Cloud Computing
- Associated skills:Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), Cloud Computing Architecture, Cloud Computing, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Economics
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Investigate various cloud computing technologies and providers including public, private and hybrid clouds
- Analyze the applications of cloud technologies to business
- Develop strategies to enhance organizational effectiveness using cloud technologies
- Evaluate the cost benefits of cloud adoption
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a student have to apply to and complete the full UMGC degree?
To ensure that your program remains relevant and up-to-date, UMGC sets time limits for completing a program. Students have five (5) consecutive years from the start of the graduate degree to complete their degree. For students who start with a MicroMasters, their “time clock” begins on the date that they complete their last course in the MicroMasters program and receive their Verified Certificate. This means that students should apply to UMGC promptly to begin the degree and have as much time as possible to complete it.