There is one session available:
DevOps on AWS: Release and Deploy
About this courseSkip About this course
AWS provides a set of flexible services designed to enable companies to more rapidly and reliably build and deliver products using AWS and DevOps practices. These services simplify provisioning and managing infrastructure, deploying application code, automating software release processes, and monitoring your application and infrastructure performance.
This course in the DevOps on AWS series explains how to improve the deployment process with DevOps methodology, and also some tools that might make deployments easier, such as Infrastructure as Code, or IaC, and AWS CodeDeploy.
At a glance
- Institution: AWS
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
This course is part of the 4-course DevOps on AWS XSeries. The first course introduces you to essential AWS products, services, and common solutions. The second course covers the first three steps of DevOps philosophy: "Code, Build, Test". The next two steps, "Release and Deploy" are covered in the third course. And then finally, the fourth course of the series covers the final steps "Operate and Monitor".
We recommend taking all four DevOps on AWS courses in the prescribed order for a logical and thorough learning experience.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- XSeries in DevOps on AWS
- Associated skills: Amazon Web Services, Automation, Infrastructure, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to improve the deployment process with DevOps methodology
- How to use tools that might make deployments easier
- Understanding Infrastructure as Code, or IaC, and AWS CodeDeploy
- Differentiate between continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment
- Explore deployment strategies for serverless applications
- How to deploy updates to AWS Lambda with AWS SAM and AWS CodeDeploy
- Troubleshoot deployment details and errors
This week, you will start by reviewing topics covered in the first course of the DevOps on AWS series. You will learn about the differences between continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment. In Exercises 1 and 2, you will set up AWS CodeDeploy and make revisions that will then be deployed. If you use AWS Lambda, you will explore ways to address additional considerations when you deploy updates to your Lambda functions. Lastly, you will end the week by discovering ways to troubleshoot deployment errors.
This week, you will explore how infrastructure as code (IaC) helps organizations achieve automation, and which AWS solutions provide a DevOps-focused way of creating and maintaining infrastructure. In Exercise 3, you will be provided with an AWS CloudFormation template that will set up backend services, such as AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodeBuild. You will then upload new revisions to the pipeline.