Cloud Computing Security
About this courseSkip About this course
How do you protect the critical data that is increasingly being stored in the cloud? Learn how to build a security strategy that keeps data safe and mitigates risk.
In this course, part of the Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, you will be introduced to industry best practices for cloud security and learn how to architect and configure security-related features in a cloud platform. Case studies and government standard documents will be reviewed to help ensure appropriate levels of security are implemented.
You’ll develop the necessary skills to identify possible security issues in the cloud environment. You will also gain experience with tools and techniques that monitor the environment and help prevent security breaches such as monitoring logs and implementing appropriate security policies.
This course is part of the Cloud Computing MicroMaster’s program from UMGC. Upon completion of the program and receipt of the verified MicroMaster’s certificate, learners may then transition into the full UMGC Master’s Program in Cloud Computing Architecture. See the MicroMasters program page for more information.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Cloud Computing
- Associated skills: Cloud Computing, Security Strategies, Cloud Computing Architecture, Cloud Computing Security
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Evaluate security issues with cloud infrastructure
- Implement cloud features to secure and harden the infrastructure
- Use tools to analyze system logs to detect possible security or performance problems
- Review case studies and standard documents on cloud security
- Understand the use of security policies as part of the overall security strategy of an organization
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a student have to apply to and complete the full UMGC degree?
To ensure that your program remains relevant and up-to-date, UMGC sets time limits for completing a program. Students have five (5) consecutive years from the start of the graduate degree to complete their degree. For students who start with a MicroMasters, their “time clock” begins on the date that they complete their last course in the MicroMasters program and receive their Verified Certificate. This means that students should apply to UMGC promptly to begin the degree and have as much time as possible to complete it.