What you will learn
- To manage an online brand and to optimise paid, earned and owned digital media assets for maximum impact
- To develop hands-on skills in proactive and reactive corporate reputation management based on global public relations best practice
- To examine brand management decisions including the strategies and tactics to build and manage brand equity
- To understand and apply the fundamentals of consumer and buyer psychology essential to the development of any effective marketing campaign
- To apply marketing strategies of segmentation, targeting, positioning and differentiation within an online context
Over the next decade, marketing jobs are projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations. In this era of digital disruption, companies are increasingly focused on digital marketing, creating heightened demand for a specialised skill set.
The Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters program equips learners with the key concepts and practical skills to build a career in marketing in the digital age. Throughout the program, learners will engage in problem solving and analytical thinking, gaining expertise in:
- Creating and sustaining a brand;
- Marketing through digital channels, such as social media;
- Consumption behaviour across buying contexts;
- Marketing metrics;
- Digital brand engagement;
- Digital brand reputation management.
Participants in the Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters program can build on this program certificate and take advantage of the entry pathway into Curtin University’s online Master of Marketing degree program on edX. Subject to meeting Curtin’s entry requirements, you will receive credit for 25% of the degree program. Applications for the Master’s degree program are now open.
Courses in this program
CurtinX's Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters® Program
- Starts Aug 17, 20208–10 hours per week, for 12 weeks
Learn about online marketing opportunities and how to use the Internet, social media, and digital analytics to successfully market your business.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all five MicroMasters program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply for admission to Curtin University’s online Master of Marketing program on edX.
If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Marketing program from Curtin University, and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 25% of the coursework required for graduation. The Master of Marketing is a 300 credit point qualification. If a learner applies and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 75 credits. This pathway to credit is also available for the on-campus version of Curtin’s Master of Marketing program.
- Participants in this MicroMasters program are equipping themselves for a rapidly evolving field. There is sustained demand for marketing specialists as mid-career employees seek to enhance their competitiveness in the job market.
- According to a 2016 CMO Survey, digital marketing is the leading skills gap in organisational marketing capabilities.
- This program is designed to accelerate the careers of Marketers, Digital Marketers and Communication Professionals.
- Specialised marketing skills are in demand among software publishers, and professionals in business support services such as Accountants, Web Designers and IT professionals.
Meet your instructors
Experts from CurtinX committed to teaching online learning
Marketing has never been more complicated, or exciting, than it is today. In this context, professional development is vital, to keep-up, let alone stay ahead! This exciting new credential from Curtin University provides digital marketing skills for immediate application in contemporary business environments.
Boston Globe Media
Digital transformation has fundamentally changed how media organizations operate. The Boston Globe recognizes the need to be forward-thinking and prepared to identify and capitalize on new opportunities and navigate the challenges of our industry. At the core of what we do is the powerful journalism across each of our brands – The Boston Globe, STAT and Boston.com. In order to support the incredible work coming out of our newsrooms, there is an increasing reliance on leveraging technology, business strategy, product innovation and leadership in our organization. The MicroMasters® program delivers the knowledge and skillsets that are must-haves for the Globe as we continue to transform the business, develop our talent and recruit new candidates.
Yes, if you have a Verified Certificate in either or both of these courses they will be included in your progress to attaining the MicroMasters program certificate. Please note that you should use the same edX ID (username and email account) in all five MKTx courses.
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.