What you will learn
- Analytical tools for understanding the rapidly changing and dynamic global political economy
- Effective communication strategies for interpersonal encounters
- To explore the mix of organizational practices and people skills essential for sustaining competitive advantage globally
- To understand how value is created via customer relationships and their strategic implications in the context of competitor and value-chain contexts
- Skills, mindset, and understanding of how to be successful in a globalized marketplace
Advance your career by completing the Thunderbird Global Business Leadership & Management (GBLM) MicroMasters program certificate. Certificate credits can be applied toward an accredited master degree— the Master of Applied Leadership & Management
Through completion of this program you will learn how to identify risks and opportunities in global business settings and acquire strategies for mastering interpersonal encounters in multicultural environments through effective communication, people management, and marketing skills. You will also gain leadership skills, the ability to adapt to ever-changing business environments, as well as learn to tolerate ambiguity, while developing a passion for appreciating other cultures.
The Global Business Leadership & Management MicroMasters program from the prestigious Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University offers a highly specialized global management education that will open pathways to leadership roles in multinational corporations as well as in non-governmental organizations.
Leveraging Thunderbird's 70 years of expertise and top international rankings, the MicroMasters program will equip you with management skills essential for conducting global business successfully. Successful completion of this MicroMasters program will earn you the opportunity to be accepted into the Master of Applied Leadership & Management Thunderbird master degree program, which can be taken fully online.
Courses in this program
ASUx's Global Business Leadership and Management MicroMasters® Program
- Not currently available
In this business and management course, you will learn how to achieve organizational success through positive and growth-focused employee management. You will also learn the concepts within personal leadership development and how to apply skill-based competencies within an organization.
- Starts Jan 14, 202010–18 hours per week, for 8 weeks
Within this course, you will learn how to better understand and master strategies for interpersonal encounters, including conflict resolution, in multicultural environments. You will also learn how to improve your global mindset and negotiation skills.
- Starts Mar 17, 202010–18 hours per week, for 8 weeks
In this course, you will learn how leaders make managerial and relevant decisions based on data across multiple global industries. You will also explore how companies benefit from a digital ecosystem including sensors (IoT), Blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), and augmented reality (AR) that move data-driven insights from the data scientist to the boardroom.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate-level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all three MicroMasters program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
After successfully completing the Global Business Leadership and Management MicroMasters program we invite you to apply to the Online Master of Applied Leadership & Management Thunderbird master degree program. Thunderbird's Online Master of Applied Leadership & Management degree is 30 credits in length. The completion of the MicroMasters program is required to enter this program and counts for the 9 of the 30 total credits needed to complete the degree.
- Career opportunities across multiple industries include: Business Development Manager, Project Manager, Account Executive, Marketing Manager, Business Analyst, Customer Service Manager, Business Consultant, Entrepreneur, Corporate Executive
- Modern business is global. With globalization accelerating at a rapid pace, global mindset and skillsets are now the norm for most career advancement.
- Many Thunderbird graduates go on to become country managers, do business development work internationally, open subsidiaries in foreign locations, manage global projects, and advance business careers in multinational companies.
Meet your instructors
The leadership skills and cross cultural business acumen Thunderbird instills in people are a clear competitive advantage for anyone operating in a truly global marketplace and is highly valued in our company.