What you will learn
- Understand AI basics, its applications and use cases, and how its transforming our lives.
- Identify various Watson AI services from IBM and what they can be used for.
- Describe how AI-powered chatbot technology works and its applications.
- Experience hands-on interactions with several AI environments and applications.
- Build and deploy an AI enabled chatbot on a website – without any coding.
The world of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is no longer science fiction. Instead, it is rapidly permeating across all industries and impacting every aspect of our daily-life. Whether you are an industry professional, an executive, an entrepreneur or a student – developing a foundational understanding of AI and its impact on your organization and our society is of paramount importance and will transform your career.
This program is meant for those with little or no background in AI, computer science, or data science and does not require any programming skills. Each course is designed to provide a relevant and applicable comprehension of the basic concepts of AI and its many applications and use cases across various industries. You will also be introduced to terms like machine learning, deep learning, neural networks and natural language processing.
As you journey through the series you will also be introduced to IBM Watson AI services that enable any business to easily deploy pre-built AI smarts to across your business. When you are ready you can build up to more complex topics in our full 6-course Applied AI Professional Certificate program where you be able to develop and deploy AI powered applications.
Through hands-on interactions with several AI environments and applications you will also learn about creating intelligent virtual assistants and how they can be leveraged in different scenarios in your current job or as a way to jumpstart your next career.
Courses in this program
IBM's Foundations of AI Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn what Artificial Intelligence (AI) is by understanding its applications and key concepts including machine learning, deep learning and neural networks.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 2 weeks
Chatbots are increasingly in demand among global businesses. This course will teach you how to build, analyze, deploy and monetize chatbots - with the help of IBM Watson and the power of AI.
- The growth of artificial intelligence in the workplace is expected to create 58 million new jobs by 2022. (Source: World Economic Forum)
- Employer demand for AI-related roles has more than doubled over the past three years and the number of AI-related job postings as a share of all job postings is up 119%. (Source: Indeed)