What you will learn
- Synthesize your own blockchain solutions
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the specific mechanics of Bitcoin
- Understand Bitcoin’s real-life applications and learn how to attack and destroy Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts and Dapps, and alternatives to Bitcoin’s Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm
- Enterprise-level blockchain implementations and understand the scaling struggles of blockchain and potential solutions
- The regulation of cryptocurrencies and its implications for anonymity, and what blockchain means for the future
Courses in this program
BerkeleyX's Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from University of California, Berkeley (BerkeleyX)
Experts from BerkeleyX committed to teaching online learning
At Cosmos we recognize that building on distributed ledger technology requires mastery of a completely new, decentralized design paradigm. Berkeley's Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate Program aids students in surmounting the steep learning curve associated with the space. The courses explore the forefront of blockchain ideas that form the foundations of decentralized technology. Uniquely integrating both technical and broad perspectives, Blockchain Fundamentals builds a comprehensive survey of the blockchain space that empowers students, entrepreneurs, and developers of all backgrounds.
IBM, a founding member of Hyperledger, a Linux Foundation project, is building a blockchain for business and applauds the Blockchain at Berkeley team for creating the Blockchain Fundamentals course. Given the multifaceted nature of blockchain, it is difficult to craft a course that is both comprehensive and accessible to people at all skill levels. Blockchain Fundamentals accomplishes this task, helping students build a strong knowledge base for further blockchain education.